lørdag den 22. december 2007

Syncing iPhone with Outlook 2007

Well got my favorite gadget..

I've read ALOT of people having trouble syncing contacts with outlook (in my case 2007)

However I found a solution for my problem..

Background: All my contacts are synced from a Nokia E65 to Outlook 2007

solution: I spend literally hours trying to sync it. Finally I got so frustrated I moved all contacts OUT from outlook... Then I tried syncing it, and it worked... Well with zero contacts left it wasn't really worth anything. But it got me on the right track.

In the folder where I stored all the Vcards/contacts, after moving them out of Outlook, I started looking for a problem. And found one. Most od my contacts contains name and one number, pretty consistently, so I figured they should weigh(in kb) the same.

When I browsed through them, I saw most where around 8kb, but some where 16-64kb. When I synced with one of the 8 kb contacts it works. But when I sync one of the more heavy ones, it crashes.

In order to get my sync working I deleted the faulty contact, and then re-intering a new one...

Reason: I believe the Nokia PC-suite for some reason add some details to the contact that conflicts with Itunes / iPhone.

I hope this will help others as well.

AND Merry christmas / holiday.

Ingen kommentarer: